I did quite a bit today actually and it felt good and right. I also finished plying some yarn. So I feel like I accomplished something today. So hopefully this is a new beginning for me.
Finally weaving! so far so good.
I came so very close to ditching this project as I faced over 200 tangled ends. Who knew 8/2 unmercerized cotton would be so sticky? I didn’t! would it have been better to warp back to front after all? I suspect maybe.
But I plugged away, shaking, reshaking, untangling all the ends, and beaming slowly inch by inch.
The warp is beamed now and tied onto the front beam. All the ends are happy ends, albeit 8 or so inches shorter.
I need to tie up the treadles and then I think I can begin to weave!
Oh and yes, I had 4 broken ends so I have those to deal with.
I am still dressing the loom with the dishtowel warp! I had to rethread the heddles upon making a rather large error. I’m now rechecking the threading, found one error. So it serves to recheck!
Next will be winding the warp. I’m a little nervous about this. These cotton ends are so tangly! But I’ll beam inch by inch if I have to.
I don’t think I’ll be weaving for another couple of weeks. I will take a picture when it is ready for that.
But it has felt good to put the mind to the task as it were.
I have the warp ready for the loom. The huck lace pattern is from Handwoven M/J 2009, p.24. I am using 8/2 unmercerized cotton to make the set of 4. I decided to warp front to back so I warped each color in separate bouts. This should begin to get on the loom next weekend!
I am spinning more, beginning my second bobbin.