Centerweave

My journey into the world of weaving

Weaving bathmats

Leave a comment

I threaded the heddles and sleyed the reed.
I began to weave the filler and noticed some irregularities. What was going on? Aha. The culprit was found – a heddle error! I had been so careful too! At least I found it now and was able to fix it. I fixed it by putting in an extra heddle and threading through that. I’ve never done that before and I hope it will hold and not fray the end.
So then I wove the filler again. Followed by an inch of plain weave.
I am consciously beating an extra beat to this weaving. See if that helps with the waffle.
So far so good. I think!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s