I had just finished 2 repeats of the threading (3 to go!) when I observed that on Shaft one there were quite frankly not enough heddles on the left to get through one half of a repeat which I need to do. I also observed a little cluster of 4 heddles way over on the left, looking abandoned. I did a quick count of needed heddles and was, yes, 4 heddles short! I glared at the cluster at the left and ordered them right over! That of course did not work.
What worked, and I think could only work with this kind of manuever on Shaft One, was to lift the Shaft up and carefully ease the heddles off on one end and onto the other end. Bear in mind I had threaded two repeats, roughly 96 ends each. So I was manipulating those bunches gently. I was able to do the left end without a problem. Removing is easy. Adding needed another hand! So I called in the reserves (husband) and was able to add the heddles.
I recounted (twice) the heddles and moved the needed ones over from the right to the left and called it a night. I did eyeball the other shafts and I think I am ok. I’ve had my threading adventure!