I am fairly positive I am not doing this in the most efficient way but it is going to be exact and correct.
I cut off the first placemat. It measures 22 3/4 in length and 15 inches in width. There was 16 inches of waste loom – first time around!
I am plugging away at the rethreading. Having never done this before, it is of course taking a lot of time and requires tremendous focus! After all of this, I do not want another threading error. I looked but there are no instructions for this kind of thing – at least, I could not find them in my books.
Of course, the most frustration was trying to fit in two replacement heddles. The ones I have just do not fit so I jury-rigged a couple.
Then I find the ends just want to get all tangled as soon as they can. I don’t have lease sticks in to help. That would help. I have a strategy for the morning so feel encouraged.
Lesson learned: check, double-check, triple-check, and check once more all the way across to make sure the heddles are correctly threaded.
One thing I am aware of: this kind of error and the process to fix it would have sent me into a tailspin in the early days! So perhaps I am learning.