While this has been very slow and frustrating, I am rethreading. I am on take two because my first strategy did not work but it helped with the second so I can’t say I’ve lost.
The threading was confusing to me until I figured out how to keep it straight in my head. Basically I have written out post-its for every repeat in the pattern and mark off when I have finished a series of 4 ends.
I showed my husband the first placemat with the error and he couldn’t see it. For a moment or two, nor could I! But there it was. Now it was in the middle; I could have left it in as a design feature. But that’s not facing what I need to face which is I need and want to learn how to fix or correct any errors I come across. And not only that, but learn from them. I already have learned from this.
In the meantime, this is where I am: