I ended up doubling up the 3 ply and that seems to lead to a better result. I’m also throwing in a few picks here and there of rags!
I’ve had trouble with the tension. The outer ends on the right side are still a touch loose despite tying and retying. So I’m sticking in a stick to tighten up those ends. Have to move that stick every time I wind the warp but that’s ok.
So I am weaving a rug. It ain’t perfect but it’s somewhat pretty. I like the colors which I realize I haven’t displayed here but now I have.
Maybe I will even take a progress picture – just be kind to me.
I am beating as hard as I have ever beat and I’m playing more and more with the weft before doing so. That is, I am bubbling the weft and learning how to do that so it doesn’t look really spastic.
I’m surprised that I am not tearing out my hair! Lots of readjustment but I am weaving. And then it will be done and off the loom and next project. Which. will. not. be. a. rug!