I am half way through weaving the second towel. All along I have noticed a slight tension problem on the left side which I have mostly ignored and just adapted to. As the warp is nearing the end, I can clearly see the problem! The warp rods are askew! I am not sure when that happened but it does explain the tension problem. I’ll need to figure out exactly what happened and how to avoid such a problem in the future.
My weaving bench is in reality a piano bench with a cushion on it. If you can imagine, every time I get up, the cushion falls off, the bench stutters into motion, and usually the shuttle falls off the loom with a clatter. Enough!
So husband is off to Home Depot to find those caster thingies you can put on furniture so furniture will glide, not stutter. And something to fasten the cushion onto the bench!
With frustration building, I took a break from weaving. I wet finished a skein I just took off the wheel – alpaca and bfl mix. Nice coral color. I think I have enough to spin up a scarf or two.
I want to spin up the rest of the white alpaca and weave something significant with that!
I do intend to weave more on the towel today. I also want to warp the blanket project. So while progress is not dramatic today, there is progress!