My journey into the world of weaving

Fiber finishings and beginnings

Leave a comment

I am sewing the two blanket panels together. This blanket ain’t going anywhere! One panel is about 4 inches longer so I had to decide how to sew together. I decided to split the difference so there will be about 2 extra inches at either end for one half. In doing that, the pattern doesn’t quite match at all and I ended up sewing the “wrong” halves together. It isn’t serious; it’s just a matter of pattern after all.
Once sewn, I will trim all lengthy ends and then I’ll wash it.

I learned a lot from this weaving project. Not only beating but ppi is critical. Helpful to that is the temple which I basically learned how to use on this project. Consistency consistency! So I look forward to doing another blanket – probably in the new year. And actually, I think I’ll try my hand at doubleweave!

Meanwhile, I am dressing my Tools with the alpaca to make scarves. The pattern is taken from a recent Handwoven: plain weave and a variation of basketweave. It is a joy to dress the Tools – so small and compact and quick! I am surprised I remembered the paper in between! I am just about ready to thread the heddles. Once I have it all ready to weave, I’ll take some pictures.

Oh and I am so happy to be weaving downstairs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s